1. Flowers: Fresh flowers can cost thousands of dollars after you figure in the bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, center pieces... the list goes on! Silk flowers are an awesome, equally beautiful alternative that will save you a ton of money AND they will never die.
2. Center pieces: In my experience, no one is going to talk about what the center of their tables looked like as they are stuffing their faces with delicious food. It is SO EASY to create your own unique, inexpensive table decorations for an affordable price! Think about using materials and items that you can re-purpose after the wedding.
3. Signs & Other decorations for the ceremony or reception: Personal handmade details are an important part of every wedding or event. This wood sign would be pretty simple to make on your own! Stain some wood, nail it together, find someone who has amazing handwriting, give them a can of paint & voila! You have an adorable sign that you can customize to the exact look or theme you're going for.
4. Free wedding & save the date templates are a very real and beautiful thing! You can save hundreds by designing and printing them yourself. A good resource to find these templates is on Pinterest. If you can't find a free one, there are vendors on Etsy that offer a low-cost, one time download that you can use as well!
5. Skip the Saturday wedding or pick an "off-season" date! If you plan on having an indoor venue anyways, try a cooler month. It can end up saving you thousands and be just as beautiful and special. Many places offer discounted prices on Friday or Sundays as well, so if you combine the two that's a huge savings!
(Images found on Pinterest)