1. Sparkles EVERYWHERE! The wedding gown, bridesmaids' dresses, centerpieces, accents, displays... this year is all about the sparkle.
2. Bohemian Beauty! If you're more of a laid-back, barefoot, flowers in your hair kinda girl, your wedding should reflect that. No need to stick to the traditional style just because it's what everyone else is doing.
3. Plunging backs & Unique necklines! I am loving all the new styles and trends that have been popping up lately for wedding gowns.
4. Desserts other than cake! The cutting of the cake ceremony is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Don't like cake? Choose your favorite dessert and share it with your sweetie. Personally, I love cannoli, macaroons and froyo sundaes!
5. Mismatched Bridesmaids! Not everyone has to match perfectly. Maybe choose a similar style or color palette and work off of that when choosing your bridal party look.
6. Brunch Weddings! This is an awesome idea if you're planning a small, intimate gathering with only your closest friends and family! You can plan a sweet ceremony in the morning and spend the rest of the afternoon brunchin' and spending time with your guests.
7. Fresh Picked Flowers! The typical bouquets are becoming a thing of the past with all the creative designs popping up in the floral world. A loose, springy arrangement looks awesome no matter what theme you're planning your big day around.
8. Pizza Bar! ...or really any kind of unique food for the reception. Don't feel like you have to do the classic meat, vegetable and potato dish that everyone else does. Make it fun! Add a pizza bar, create your own taco station, whatever YOU like.
9. Neutral palettes! Personally, I think the neutral color combos look so elegant and classy for a wedding. Plus, it's not too trendy that you'll look back at your pictures in 15 years and think "Why was I EVER into highlighter pink and black!?"
10. Lighting displays! Okay, maybe it's just me but I've never been to a wedding where they paid much attention to the lighting before and as a photographer, this new trend is my dream come true! I love all the string lights, bare, industrial looking bulbs, bright and airy feel, etc of this new idea of focusing on having excellent lighting during the big day.